Sunday, December 6, 2009

How do you get a profile name/alternate address to come up when posting to a group?

When I initially joined yahoo groups, I joined using my yahoo ID. After reading many of their postings, I was finally ready to post, but I didn't want to use my original address. I created a profile name, signed in under it, but no matter how I try to fix it, the original ID address always comes up when I post and the profile name is no where to be found. Any suggestions? Isn't that why people create profiles? Figured if I dropped my original membership w/ the group, it would automatically come up on my posts using my profile. Didn't. Currently I am still receiving mail from the group through my profile name, but am unable to post at all now. When I attempt to change the email address from the original to the profile, it tells me the address is in an invalid format. It tells me to enter an email address not associated w/ an existing account or to activate yahoo mail for this new account. Confused? Me too.



How do you get a profile name/alternate address to come up when posting to a group?myspace jokes





Go to your account and look for the option "create new/alternate profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin