Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I can't use "view profile" under the "contacts" heading on the messenger fr

I use to be able to use this feature, after signing intoYahoo's IM messenger, and then if you wanted to view someones profile, that is NOT on your list, you could go to "Contacts" drop down menu, then scroll down to "View Profile" and type in someones Yahoo I.D. name, or darken the circle to view your own profile. Since, I have updated my Yahoo IM to 8.0 %26amp; 7.5 versions, I can't get that option to work anymore because it is now a grayed out feature.(Note: it worked in the 7.0 ver) So, how can I get this feature back without having to type in the following format into my browsers Address Bar every time I want to look up someones Yahoo ID that is not in my contact list? <>http://profiles.yahoo.com/abcd%26gt; where abcd = the yahoo id of the person's profile you wish to view. i tried changing the following in my "yahoo im preferences" the "open weblinks in a new browser window" was checked, so i uncheck it. and that did not ungray the "view profile" selection either. can i get this feature back?



I can't use "view profile" under the "contacts" heading on the messenger friends list anymore?unblock myspace





you would have to remove Yahoo messenger 8.0 from your system and reinstall messenger 7.0...thats why i havent upgraded to 8.0...among other things

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin