Tuesday, December 29, 2009

NTUSER.dat profile error?

I'm having problem deleting some individual's profile on a network PC. I am an administrator, so that's not a problem. I go to C:\Documents and Settings\john.doe and it starts off like it's allowing me to delete the person's profile, but then I get an error window with something along the lines of I'm unable to delete the NTUSER.dat's profile as it's being used or a program is using it. The person has left my company over 6 months ago, so I know that the individual domain account does not even exist. Some PCs will allow me to delete the individual's profile, and some won't.



Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.



(I don't have the exact phrase of the error message, but I remember the NTUSER.dat phrase)



NTUSER.dat profile error?codes for myspace





2 ways..



1. Right Click on My Computer, goto Properties..Click on the Advanced tab. Now click on Settings button under the User Profile section. Highlight the users account, click on Delete.



or...



2. Boot into Safe Mode. Login as the local administrator and delete the profile under Documents and Settings.



That should take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin